Improve your Brand Visibility on Google?
Google Marketing Checklist: Learn how to improve your brand visibility on Google and boost your Google Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) results!
When did you last check your business brand representation on Google?
The reality of today’s online digital world is if your brand is NOT visible on Google, your chances of being found by new customers are significantly reduced (down to about zero).
Try this RIGHT NOW!
1. Do a Google search for your business brand
2. Then do a Google search for the type of products and services you sell (not your branded products)
“We prefer to use Facebook Marketing because it’s easier and better value”
Look, we don’t disagree with that statement. Social media marketing tools like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn can make advertising for small business REALLY simple!
In reality, when anyone wants to find something online, they open their phone and do a Google search (Even you).
Regardless of your preferred marketing platform e.g. Facebook, Instagram, and even Google AdWords, it’s ESSENTIAL that your brand is well represented across all the Google search platforms (not just what you see with your first search).
Improving your SEO on Google
EVERY SINGLE DAY we search for company brands online and find their Google Business Profiles with missing or incomplete information (it drives us insane).
It’s basically the same as having a retail store without any signage on the front?
Look, we know how complex Google is and that there are SO MANY different things to manage that most businesses just give up.
To help you get the basics right, we’ve created a Google Marketing Checklist which contains a bunch of really simple things that you can do to improve your brand representation on Google (yourself).
You’ll see that some of the items are just common sense, HOWEVER, we forget about them or we don’t know how to use them. Others on the list are free tools available from Google which, when used correctly, will give you some AMAZING SEO RESULTS.
Google Marketing Checklist
Google My Business Profile
Did you know that you have a Google Business Profile display card on Google when people search for you? AND that you can edit and enhance the information on it?
Google Business Profiles are one of the most important parts of your Google search journey – it’s the first thing your customers see! Log-on to your profile, download the app, but get involved to ensure the information in each section is utilised to its highest potential.
Google Reviews – build your reviews by engaging your customers
Google Posts – use the post option to gain valuable SEO traction
Google Photos – Make your listing more enticing by adding photos – more important in sectors like food, hospitality and entertainment.
• Add your website to Google Search Console so its pages can be crawled and indexed by Google
• Don’t forget to also add your website to Bing Webmaster
• Google Analytics can be used to analyse your site performance and monitor how your audience travel across your site
• Google Keyword Planner is a free service provided by Google to help you choose the most appropriate keywords and search phrases
• Use SEO friendly URLs (Human readable)
• Check that all your page hyperlinks are working and pointing to the right location
• Create Backlinks to your other pages plus to external sites
• Create educational and informative website Blogs and articles
• Ensure that your sitemap is current and has been listed within Google Search Console
• Delete dead website pages from your website (using 401 or 301 codes)
• Keep your content updated and fresh for your audience and Google
• Develop your website to support the latest Google Mobile standards.
Google AdWords and remarketing campaigns (pay-per-click) is a great way to generate traffic to your website and also sales.
• Get your Brand Message and Identity RIGHT. Before you start investing within online marketing and search tools, make sure that you have a focused and clear brand identity, message and company profile
• Post some educational and engaging articles and content on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.) and link these back to your website
• Utilise relevant keywords and hashtags on your social media posts
• Use quality content on your pages (do not load rubbish). Readers LOVE quality content, so does Google. Bad quality e.g. punctuation, grammar, plagiarism, will get you penalised quickly by Google
• Build a long-term sustainable Content Marketing Program to build organic Google SEO
• Implement an email marketing system and link your content back to your website pages.
Digital Customer Experience and Journey
Digital Customer Experience and Journey is the logical flow that your customers take from the initial research of your brand/offer, through to making a purchase.
It’s the matrix of the digital touchpoints between your business and your customers. This matrix builds an information profile about your customer which then allows you to optimise their journey by providing a personalised, educational and interactive ‘customer experience’.
Get this right, you have a far greater chance of building online audiences and turning them into paying customers.
SEO General Tips and Suggestions
• Optimise your brand profile across third party websites e.g. alliance partner websites and also social media tools
• Take advantage of Google Shop and Facebook Shop
• Gain extra online visibility by utilising third party blogging sites for articles and media releases
• Market your website correctly and promote your page content.
DO NOT underestimate the power of Content Marketing
Take your time and plan this out a Content Marketing Project. Remember that SEO is an ongoing and evolving process that needs to be constantly updated over time.
Your improvements can take around 3-months to appear live on Google.
You cannot afford to ignore your Brand visibility on Google!
Book a Google Business Profile Workshop
Our Google Business Profile Workshop helps you to grow your business brand online and leverage the most important marketing platform; Google. This 4-hour review and improvement workshop will boost your SEO results for your business using a professionally configured Google business profile.
Google Marketing Tools
Brand Healthcheck: Your first step to testing the quality of your online brand against others in the same industry. (Free Service)
Digital Technology Review: Do you struggle to keep up with the right technology your business needs to develop your business marketing and sales programs? (Free Service)
Brand Optimisation Service: Don’t have the time or expertise to develop and market your brand? This is your outsourced brand development and marketing service. (New customers save 75%)
Website Development Services: Do you need a new more functional website? Or perhaps it just needs a refresh? Let our web services team help.
Website Organic SEO and Marketing Service: Have a great website BUT you’ve not marketed it correctly? Use our website marketing and SEO options help you to build online audiences and website sales.
How to Create a Facebook Business Page: Learn how to grow your business brand using social media by creating a professional Facebook Business Page the RIGHT way!
If you just need to chat or ask a question about optimising your brand results on Google, please contact us on +61 3 9863-7444 or email [email protected]