Small Business Grants and Support
The Australian Federal Government and State Governments provide a range of grants and funding options that are available to eligible businesses. These grants are to help businesses overcome the impact of the COVID-19 restrictions and to help grow their business.
rev™ Branding is a specialist digital brand agency helping to integrate brands with digital technology and marketing to drive sales and growth opportunities.
We have helped dozens of companies to access these small business grants and funding options, and use them to improve and grow your business through digital marketing and sales programs.
Export Assistance Grant (NSW)
NSW Government (Available)
The NSW Government is launching a range of support measures for NSW businesses at each stage of their export journey. The package includes a range of financial ($10,000) and non-financial assistance, export capability-building and tailored engagement with our trade professionals in NSW and overseas.
• The Export Assistance Grant program will help NSW businesses recover from drought, bushfires and COVID-19 by providing co-funding to identify and access new export markets and re-enter previous export markets.
• Grants of up to $10,000 per eligible business will support up to 1,000 NSW eligible businesses
• Matched on a dollar-for-dollar basis, funding will centre on export marketing and development activities, such as market research, participation in international tradeshows and trade missions, inbound business support, e-commerce development and marketing materials.
Arts and Culture Rescue & Restart Grant (NSW)
NSW Government (Open)
The Rescue and Restart package ($50 Million) is designed to assist NSW arts and cultural organisations now, and so they are in a position to restart operations when health guidelines permit.
Funding will be available to NSW not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations across the state on a case by case basis.
Circuit Breaker Business Support (VIC)
Victoria Government (Open)
To help support businesses impacted by the recent lockdown restrictions, the Victorian Government is providing the following business support packages.
- $2,500 grants for eligible employing AND non-employing businesses in sectors most impacted by the circuit breaker lockdown announced on 27 May 2021.
- $3,500 for licenced hospitality businesses holding an eligible liquor licence and food certificate.
- $20 Million spread across the Victorian Events Support Package is dedicated to supporting operators in the events industry who have incurred losses due to the circuit-breaker restrictions.
Victorian Events Support Package (VIC)
Victoria Government (Open)
The Victorian Events Support Package supports event organisers, hosts and suppliers as they manage the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and the recent lockdown restrictions.
- Independent Cinema Support Program: up to $12,000 to eligible independent cinema operators
- Live Performance Support Program (Presenters) up to $7000 to eligible live performance
- Live Performance Support Program (Suppliers) will support eligible suppliers of goods and services involved with live performance events, including musicians and performers, with grants of $500 per event where the events they were contracted to support could not proceed.
- Sustainable Event Business Program, providing grants of up to $250,000 by Expression of Interest to eligible major event organisers, hosts and suppliers.
- Impacted Public Events Support Program, which delivers grants of up to $25,000 to eligible event organisers and up to $10,000 to eligible suppliers, by invite only.
Business Competitiveness Program (VIC)
Victoria Government (Open till June 20th 2021)
The Business Competitiveness Program will assist small and medium manufacturers with an existing presence in Victoria to expand their manufacturing operations and implement new manufacturing technologies and processes that provide a critical foundation for generating sustainable new local jobs.
Grants of up to 33 per cent of eligible project expenditure, up to a maximum grant amount of $500,000, will be allocated on a competitive basis for projects to be completed within 18 months of receiving the grant.
Eligible projects include the purchase and commissioning of capital equipment, manufacturing product and process improvements, prototyping, evaluation and testing of new products and processes, and supply chain capability development.
The Business Competitiveness Program will be delivered in up to two competitive funding rounds per year April to June and then August to September 2021.
Technology Adoption & Innovation Program (VIC)
Victoria Government (Closed)
Victorian small and medium enterprises can receive funding to adopt or develop new innovative and commercial technology through the Technology Adoption and Innovation Program. Grants of up to $50,000 are available for two different streams via the co-contribution model (minimum of 20k investment).
Stream One: SMEs looking to implement new digital and innovative technologies.
Stream Two: SMEs looking to implement defined projects to develop commercial technology or digital products.
Small Business Digital Adaptation Program (VIC)
Victoria Government (Closes June 30th 2021)
The Small Business Digital Adaptation Program will allow eligible businesses to trial and then receive access to digital products, tools and training they can use to build digital capability in their day-to-day operations. Once businesses have purchased a product from a specified vendor, they can apply for a rebate of $1,200 to access the product for 12 months.
Export Recovery Package (VIC)
Victoria Government (Open)
The Victorian Government has announced a $15.7 million export recovery package to address logistics and supply chain issues caused by the pandemic and establish new export channels.
Businesses will be connected to international markets through virtual trade missions as well as assistance to adapt their export strategies to respond to the rapidly changing global market.
Trade Mission Program (VIC)
Victoria Government (Ongoing)
The Trade Mission Program helps Victorian businesses to expand their export potential with international markets by providing opportunities to:
• Build international connections, foster relationships and identify partnering opportunities
• Attract foreign investment
• Secure local distributors and / or importers
• Understand regulatory requirements in international markets
• Acquire international orders for your product and / or service
Trade Missions are generally sector-based and programs are tailored to each sector. Trade Missions run throughout the year.
Small Business Disaster Recovery Fund (QLD)
Queensland Government (Closes June 10)
Small Business Disaster Recovery Grants provide assistance to small businesses severely impacted by the North and Far North Queensland monsoonal trough to engage high-level expertise to help them recover and rebuild business confidence. Funding for building, plant and equipment repairs is available in specific circumstances.
Funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses to engage business consultants, mentors, coaches or advisory service to assist with business recovery following the monsoonal trough.
Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program (QLD)
Queensland Government (Regional Queensland Open)
The available grant amount is a minimum of $2,000 and up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business.
In recognition of the significant impacts of COVID-19 on small businesses, the funding can be used towards the following:
• Financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
• Continuing to meet business operational costs including utilities, council rates, rent, telecommunication charges, insurance fees, licensing or franchise fees
• Strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
• Building the business through marketing and communications activities (e.g. content development – web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
• Digital/technological strategy development
• Digital training or re-training and up-skilling employees to adapt to new business models
• Capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safety requirements
• Specialised digital equipment or business-specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering).
Back to Work Program (QLD)
Queensland Government (Now Open)
The Back to Work Regional program gives Queensland employers the confidence to take on new employees and to use this opportunity to grow their businesses.
Eligible employers will receive payments of up to $20,000 to hire an unemployed jobseeker in a full-time position.
Small Business Digital Champions (Aust Gov)
Australian Government (closed)
Small Business Digital Champions provided 100 small businesses with support for a comprehensive digital transformation of their business.
• Online content development
• Digital training.
This grant is closed to applications. Showcasing of the digital transformation from participating businesses will be completed via the case studies.
Business Events Grants Program (Aust Gov)
Australian Government (Open – for events held in 2021)
The Australian Government announced it would provide $50 million to create the Business Events Grants program. Support would target larger, multi-day business to business events that promote Australian Government’s industry priorities and sectors.
The upfront grant ($10,000–$250,000) will meet up to 50 per cent of costs incurred in participating at a pre-approved business-to-business events, such as space hire, design and manufacture, plus travel, accommodation and cancellation fees.
Entrepreneur Matched Funds Growth Program (Aust Gov)
Australian Government (Open)
Funding of between $2500 (ex GST) and $20,000 (ex GST), covering up to 50% of eligible project costs. Applicable to businesses who have received one of the Entrepreneur Growth services, you can apply for a Growth Grant. With the grant, you can engage external expertise to implement the recommendations in your Growth roadmap or plan.
SME Recovery Loan Scheme (Aust Gov)
Australian Government (Round 2 Open Until June 30th 2021)
The Government’s SME Recovery Loan Scheme is designed to support the economic recovery, and to provide continued assistance, to firms currently on JobKeeper. The Government will work with lenders to ensure that eligible firms will have access to finance to maintain and grow their businesses when JobKeeper ends.
The Scheme is enhancing lenders’ ability to provide cheaper credit, allowing many otherwise viable SMEs to access vital additional funding to get through the impact of Coronavirus, recover and invest for the future.
Export Market Development Grant EMDG (Austrade)
Australian Government (Open until 02nd March 2021)
The Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) reimburses 50% of expenses incurred for export promotional activities to existing and potential Australian exporters, and may include:
• Overseas representation expenses
• Marketing consultant expenses
• Free samples expenses
• Trade fairs, seminars, in-store promotions expenses
• Promotional literature and advertising expenses
• Overseas buyers expenses
• Registration and/or insurance of eligible intellectual property expenses.
Funding is provided to compensate eligible export businesses up to 50% of their promotional expenses above $5000, up to a maximum of $150,000, provided total eligible expenses incurred amount to at least $15,000.
Training and Education Options
Business Victoria Upskill My Business
Victoria Government (Open)
Upskill My Business connects you to short courses, online events and resources from the state’s top education providers and industry experts. Courses on offer can help you regain ground to find more customers, better manage cash flow or just prepare for new market conditions
Training and Education Course Contribution (AIM)
Australian Institute of Management (Open)
In order to support the development of Australia’s workforce long term, AIM has launched the COVID Stimulus Fund. This fund can be used by eligible students and organisations to:
Apply a contribution towards tuition fees for AIM Vocational Qualifications capped at:
• $3,200 for online Diplomas
• $2,000 for online Certificate IVs
Provide an additional 2 training seats at no cost to organisations who book in 3 or more employees to an AIM short course
Business Growth Resources
How to implement an eCommerce Store on my Website
How to create a quality and trusted Brand Message and Offer
How to optimise my Brand Marketing
How to implement a professional Digital Marketing Campaign
How to BOOST your profile on Google and Facebook
Need Funding Options?
rev™ Marketing Finance gives you a variety of finance options that help you to kick-start your marketing & sales projects AND keep your business cash flow under control.
Ready to improve your business?
If you feel that your business can benefit from these grants and funding options, please get in touch with us to speak about how we can help you to apply for the funding and bundle our digital marketing and sales programs to improve and grow your business.
Please contact us on [email protected] or +61 3 9863-7444
Helping brand marketers use retailer ‘pay-to-promote’ campaigns to improve consumer online shopping experiences...
Connect with shoppers by creating memorable brand experiences which will result in higher...