Small Business Grants and Support
A global crisis such as natural disasters or public health pandemic can have a significant impact on small to medium-sized businesses (SME) and their employees.
As many fight to keep their head above water, the Federal and State Governments have issued a series of grants and funding options that are available to eligible businesses.
rev™ Branding is a specialist digital brand agency helping companies to develop and market their brand to drive sales and growth opportunities.
We can help you to access these small business grants and funding options, and use them to improve and grow your business.
Southern Border Small Business Support Grant (NSW)
NSW Government (Closes 18th October 2020)
If your small business or not-for-profit has been impacted by the closure of the NSW and Victorian border, and it’s located within a specified Local Government Area (LGA), you may be eligible for a southern border small business support grant of $5000 or $10,000.
Small Business Recovery Grant (NSW)
NSW Government (Closed)
This $3000 grant helps small businesses meet the costs of safely reopening or up-scaling operations.
This grant can only be used for purchases of eligible expenses made from 1 July 2020, and only where no other government support is available.
Export Assistance Grant (NSW)
NSW Government (Available)
The NSW Government is launching a range of support measures for NSW businesses at each stage of their export journey. The package includes a range of financial ($10,000) and non-financial assistance, export capability-building and tailored engagement with our trade professionals in NSW and overseas.
• The Export Assistance Grant program will help NSW businesses recover from drought, bushfires and COVID-19 by providing co-funding to identify and access new export markets and re-enter previous export markets.
• Grants of up to $10,000 per eligible business will support up to 1,000 NSW eligible businesses
• Matched on a dollar-for-dollar basis, funding will centre on export marketing and development activities, such as market research, participation in international tradeshows and trade missions, inbound business support, e-commerce development and marketing materials.
Arts and Culture Rescue & Restart Grant (NSW)
NSW Government (Open)
The Rescue and Restart package ($50 Million) is designed to assist NSW arts and cultural organisations now, and so they are in a position to restart operations when health guidelines permit.
Funding will be available to NSW not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations across the state on a case by case basis.
Coronavirus Business Support Programs (VIC)
Business Support Fund (Third Round): *NOW OPEN*
Closes Nov 23rd 2020
The amount of grants available from this program range from $10,000, $15,000 or $20,000 depending on the business’ annual payroll.
– $10,000 if its annual payroll is less than $650,000
– $15,000 if its annual payroll is between $650,000 and $3 million
– $20,000 if its payroll is between $3 million and $10 million.
Regional Tourism Accommodation Support Program:
Closed Sept 14th 2020
Direct financial support of up to $225 per booking, per night, to support accommodation businesses affected by cancellations due to Stage 3 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire and state border closures
CBD Business Support Fund: (Ongoing)
$20 million CBD Business Support Fund to help small businesses in Melbourne’s CBD faced with a large and sustained shock to their trading environments.
CBD Small Hospitality Grant: (Ongoing)
The $10 million CBD Small Hospitality Grant stream of the Business Support Fund expansion program makes grants of $5000 or $15,000 available to eligible small and medium-sized foodservice hospitality businesses.
Hospitality Business Grant: (Ongoing)
The Hospitality Business Grant Program provides $25,000 grants to eligible businesses that have a payroll of $3-10 million, plus an additional $5,000 for each additional premises, capped at $20,000; and a further $20,000 for those with premises located in the Melbourne CBD.
Night-Time Economy Support Program: (Ongoing)
Victorian Pubs, club and restaurants will benefit from the Victorian Government’s Night-time Economy Business Support Initiative, which will provide commercial rental relief for licensed businesses impacted by Coronavirus who aren’t covered by the Commercial Tenancies Relief Scheme.
Trade Mission Program (VIC)
Victoria Government (Ongoing)
The Trade Mission Program helps Victorian businesses to expand their export potential with international markets by providing opportunities to:
• Build international connections, foster relationships and identify partnering opportunities
• Attract foreign investment
• Secure local distributors and / or importers
• Understand regulatory requirements in international markets
• Acquire international orders for your product and / or service
Trade Missions are generally sector-based and programs are tailored to each sector. Trade Missions run throughout the year.
Small Business Transformation Grant (VIC)
City Of Melbourne (Closed Sept 03rd 2020)
City Of Melbourne Transformation grants of up to $5000 are now available for small businesses impacted by COVID-19 and located in the CBD (3000), Southbank (3006), Docklands (3008) and World Trade Centre (3005) postcodes. Grants are open to all sectors, excluding hospitality which is already eligible for the Victorian Government’s CBD small hospitality grant.
Small Business Grant (VIC)
City Of Melbourne (Closed)
Small Business Grants are available to forward-thinking small businesses currently located or intending to locate within the City of Melbourne twice a year. Start-ups and established businesses from any sector are welcome to apply as long as you have a great idea and a sound business proposal that is going to proceed regardless of grant funding.
Small Business Disaster Recovery Fund (QLD)
Queensland Government (Open)
Small Business Disaster Recovery Grants provide assistance to small businesses severely impacted by the North and Far North Queensland monsoonal trough to engage high-level expertise to help them recover and rebuild business confidence. Funding for building, plant and equipment repairs is available in specific circumstances.
Funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses to engage business consultants, mentors, coaches or advisory service to assist with business recovery following the monsoonal trough.
Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program (QLD)
Queensland Government (Regional Queensland Open)
The available grant amount is a minimum of $2,000 and up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business.
In recognition of the significant impacts of COVID-19 on small businesses, the funding can be used towards the following:
• Financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
• Continuing to meet business operational costs including utilities, council rates, rent, telecommunication charges, insurance fees, licensing or franchise fees
• Strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
• Building the business through marketing and communications activities (e.g. content development – web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
• Digital/technological strategy development
• Digital training or re-training and up-skilling employees to adapt to new business models
• Capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safety requirements
• Specialised digital equipment or business-specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering).
Small Business Digital Grants Program (QLD)
Queensland Government (Round 8 Coming Soon)
The Small Business Digital Grants Program can assist small businesses to access digital technologies and services to help them work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption.
If successful, matched funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services (such as digital coaching). The minimum grant funding is $1,000.
Small Business Digital Champions (Aust Gov)
Australian Government (closed)
Small Business Digital Champions provided 100 small businesses with support for a comprehensive digital transformation of their business.
• Online content development
• Digital training
This grant is closed to applications. Showcasing of the digital transformation from participating businesses will be completed via the case studies.
Export Market Development Grant EMDG (Austrade)
Australian Government (July 01st to November 30th)
The Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) reimburses 50% of expenses incurred for export promotional activities to existing and potential Australian exporters, and may include:
• Overseas representation expenses
• Marketing consultant expenses
• Free samples expenses
• Trade fairs, seminars, in-store promotions expenses
• Promotional literature and advertising expenses
• Overseas buyers expenses
• Registration and/or insurance of eligible intellectual property expenses.
Funding is provided to compensate eligible export businesses up to 50% of their promotional expenses above $5000, up to a maximum of $150,000, provided total eligible expenses incurred amount to at least $15,000.
Facebook Small Business Grants (Facebook)
Facebook (16th – 22nd of September)
Up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in more than 30 countries will be able to receive a grant from Facebook. They are offering USD 100M in cash grants and ad credits to help during this COVID-19 challenging period.
• Keep your workforce going strong
• Help with rent and operational costs
• Connect with more customers
• Support your community.
Coronavirus Business Support Resources
How to build a Coronavirus business contingency plan
How to create a brand crisis management plan and framework
How to adapt your business marketing for customers during a pandemic
How to keep positive and in good mental health during the Coronavirus
How to build your post-Coronavirus shutdown business recovery action plan
Ready to improve your business?
If you feel that your business can benefit from these grants and funding options, please get in touch with us to speak about how we can help you to apply for the funding and bundle our digital marketing and sales programs to improve and grow your business.
Please contact us on [email protected] or +61 3 9863-7444
Learn how to create memorable brand experiences which will result in higher customer...
How to Manage a Brand during a Crisis! We’ve created a brand crisis framework...
How to create unforgettable digital customer experiences which will result in higher customer...
rev™ Branding is a specialist Digital Brand Agency helping companies to develop and communicate...