Small Business Grants and Support
A global crisis such as natural disasters or public health pandemic can have a significant impact on small to medium-sized businesses (SME) and their employees.
As many fight to keep their head above water, the Federal and State Governments have issued a series of grants and funding options that are available to eligible businesses.
rev™ Branding is a specialist Brand Agency who help companies to more easily describe, communicate, and market their business brand to drive sales and growth opportunities.
We can help you to access these small business grants and funding options, and use them to improve and grow your business.
Small Business Recovery Grant (NSW)
NSW Government (closes August 16 2020)
This $3000 grant helps small businesses meet the costs of safely reopening or up-scaling operations.
• Fit-out changes and temporary physical changes (for example, plastic barriers at checkouts)
• Staff training and counselling
• Business advice and continuity planning
• Cleaning products and additional cleaning services
• Additional equipment necessary to comply with social distancing or other public health measures
• Marketing, communications and advertising
• Digital solutions (for example, e-commerce or business websites).
This grant can only be used for purchases of eligible expenses made from 1 July 2020, and only where no other government support is available.
Coronavirus Business Support Programs (VIC)
Victoria Government (Closes August 18 2020)
Business Support Fund (Expansion Program):
Businesses within metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire that are affected by the return to Stay at Home restrictions may be eligible for a one-off, $5,000 to $10,000 grant under the Business Support Fund – Expansion program
Regional Tourism Accommodation Support Program:
Direct financial support of up to $225 per booking, per night, to support accommodation businesses affected by cancellations due to Stage 3 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire and state border closures
CBD Business Support Fund:
$20 million CBD Business Support Fund to help small businesses in Melbourne’s CBD faced with a large and sustained shock to their trading environments.
Night-Time Economy Support Program:
The Victorian Government has launched a $30 million dedicated fund for the hardest-hit businesses in hospitality.
Trade Mission Program (VIC)
Victoria Government (ongoing)
The Trade Mission Program helps Victorian businesses to expand their export potential with international markets by providing opportunities to:
• Build international connections, foster relationships and identify partnering opportunities
• Attract foreign investment
• Secure local distributors and / or importers
• Understand regulatory requirements in international markets
• Acquire international orders for your product and / or service
Trade Missions are generally sector-based and programs are tailored to each sector. Trade Missions run throughout the year.
Small Business Grant (VIC)
Victoria Government (August 2020)
The City of Melbourne’s Small business grants program helps innovative small businesses located in Melbourne start-up and grow. The program provides financial assistance to support market-ready products and services that will enhance Melbourne’s innovative and creative reputation. Grants up to $30,000 are available.
• Start-up – supports new and creative small businesses in starting up
• Business expansion – assist existing businesses that are introducing innovative services or products to grow. Grants of up to $30,000 are available
• Export – encourage and support businesses to enter and expand into new overseas markets. Applicants may apply under two sub-categories; new exporter and current exporter. Grants of up to $10,000 are available.
Round 2 applications are expected to open in early August 2020.
Small Business Disaster Recovery Fund (QLD)
Queensland Government (Open)
Small Business Disaster Recovery Grants provide assistance to small businesses severely impacted by the North and Far North Queensland monsoonal trough to engage high-level expertise to help them recover and rebuild business confidence. Funding for building, plant and equipment repairs is available in specific circumstances.
Funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses to engage business consultants, mentors, coaches or advisory service to assist with business recovery following the monsoonal trough.
Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program (QLD)
Queensland Government (Regional Queensland Open)
The available grant amount is a minimum of $2,000 and up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business.
In recognition of the significant impacts of COVID-19 on small businesses, the funding can be used towards the following:
• Financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
• Continuing to meet business operational costs including utilities, council rates, rent, telecommunication charges, insurance fees, licensing or franchise fees
• Strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
• Building the business through marketing and communications activities (e.g. content development – web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
• Digital/technological strategy development
• Digital training or re-training and up-skilling employees to adapt to new business models
• Capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safety requirements
• Specialised digital equipment or business-specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering).
Small Business Digital Grants Program (QLD)
Queensland Government (Round 8 Coming Soon)
The Small Business Digital Grants Program can assist small businesses to access digital technologies and services to help them work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption.
If successful, matched funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services (such as digital coaching). The minimum grant funding is $1,000.
Small Business Digital Champions (Aust Gov)
Australian Government (closed)
Small Business Digital Champions provided 100 small businesses with support for a comprehensive digital transformation of their business.
• Online content development
• Digital training
This grant is closed to applications. Showcasing of the digital transformation from participating businesses will be completed via the case studies.
Export Market Development Grant EMDG (Austrade)
Australian Government (July 01st to November 30th)
The Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) reimburses 50% of expenses incurred for export promotional activities to existing and potential Australian exporters, and may include:
• Overseas representation expenses
• Marketing consultant expenses
• Free samples expenses
• Trade fairs, seminars, in-store promotions expenses
• Promotional literature and advertising expenses
• Overseas buyers expenses
• Registration and/or insurance of eligible intellectual property expenses.
Funding is provided to compensate eligible export businesses up to 50% of their promotional expenses above $5000, up to a maximum of $150,000, provided total eligible expenses incurred amount to at least $15,000.
Coronavirus Business Support Resources
How to build a Coronavirus business contingency plan
How to create a brand crisis management plan and framework
How to adapt your business marketing for customers during a pandemic
How to keep positive and in good mental health during the Coronavirus
How to build your post-Coronavirus shutdown business recovery action plan
Ready to improve your business?
If you feel that your business can benefit from these grants and funding options, please get in touch with us to speak about how we can help you to apply for the funding and bundle our digital marketing and sales programs to improve and grow your business.
Please contact us on [email protected] or +61 3 9863-7444
rev™ Branding is a specialist Digital Brand Agency helping companies to develop and communicate...
Supporting small businesses through COVID-19 Helping small businesses to keep their doors open and...