As Amazon grips the Australian market, there has NEVER been a more important time for businesses to have an online shopping store and eCommerce program.
Here are 20 ways to do it.
For those who already have an online shopping store, whether it’s a single product or many, there are lots of things that you can do that will increase your sales and optimise your online conversion rate.
5 key factors that influence online sales:
• SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
• Product offer and range
• Marketing campaigns
• Online Store shopping experience and functionality
• Customer loyalty programs and remarketing.
Every business with online shopping stores will need to constantly make changes to improve their eCommerce performance. Updating your online store improves the customer shopping experience, which encourages return sales.
We have provided 20 different ways that you can enhance your eCommerce store. Remember, there’s no one easy fix – rather, it’s the result of many tiny changes that will add up over time.
20 ways to increase your online sales
1. Build a unique, searchable description of each product to increase SEO.
2. Build your online customers reviews. Email your customers and ask them to leave a review of the product they purchased
3. Implement a simple to use and a familiar payment gateway, e.g. WooCommerce, Shopify, PayPal. Square etc
4. Up and cross-sell functionality. Plug-in shopping cart modules can provide an optional add-on sale opportunity, e.g. related products or recommendations.
5. Page layout and design. Initiative design to improve the shopping experience. Many people abandon their purchase because they are uncomfortable or confused about the site’s navigation.
6. Use page analytical tools like Mouseflow or Crazy Egg to monitor your eCommerce pages
(click rate, scrolling, time on page).
7. Incorporate product review videos, testimonials, free trials or demonstrations, these all help increase the sales conversion rate.
8. Manage your inventory and out of stocks – monitor customer orders and deliveries.
9. Monitor your website performance. For every second it takes your page to load, you lose them.
10. Build a blog or a newsletter where you talk about your product range, discounts and upcoming special offers or new product ranges.
11. Think about offering a money-back guarantee, free postage as additional offers.
12. Build your business and also product brand. Ensure people are aware of who they’re buying from. Do this by adding logos, street address, and phone numbers to the pages.
13. Manage your social media, keep abreast of customer complaints or people offering praise. Learn how to engage with them from a social media specialist.
14. Google Analytics monitors the performance of your shopper journey through an online dashboard using real-time data. Use split test tools to review page performance.
15. Invest in digital marketing tools and campaigns. Tools like Facebook, Google AdWords, and Instagram allow you to target marketing, pixel, and track page visits for remarketing, e.g. remarket to people who abandon at the checkout.
16. Partner with marketing affiliates. Marketing partners have an established loyal database and successful email marketing programs that can quickly drive traffic to your online store. Try companies like Catch of the Day and Black Friday Sales.
17. Grow your email subscriptions – encourage people to sign up for your newsletter and be sure to add new customers to your email marketing database (send them a welcome email and offer).
18. Use marketplaces to grow your business. Expose your products to millions of people who already shop on marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon.
19. Build a price strategy. Understand the market and your competitors. Incorporate special deals such as 2-for-1 offers, loyalty programs, and channel pricing maths.
20. Engage the services of a specialist agency or who provides business growth strategies, digital marketing and sales campaigns.
Need some help?
We have a bunch of products and services available from our Solutions Page.
How to build a content marketing program
How to optimise your brand
Building quality branded content for your website and social media
How to build professional and responsive digital marketing campaigns
Speak with us on +61 3 9863-7444 or email [email protected]