Green Marketing can give your business a competitive edge and extend your marketing reach across new ‘niche’ sales channels targeting environmentally focused shoppers.
As consumers become more and more concerned with the environment, they are looking to major product brands to provide them with more environmentally friendly options which are kinder to the planet.
This has been PROVEN by the sales performance of eco-friendly products like Aeroguard Plant-Based Spray and Koala Eco Cleaning Range.
IBISWorld forecasts the percentage of people that are concerned about environmental issues to increase by 0.4 percentage points in the current year, to reach 83.7%.
Selling products based on their environmental benefits are known as ‘Green Marketing’.
To comply, a product or service may be environmentally friendly in itself or produced in an environmentally friendly way, such as: Being manufactured in a sustainable fashion.
Green Marketing – What’s Involved…
For those companies who are wanting to dip their toe in the water of green marketing, it can involve changes to several areas of the business.
• Creating an eco-friendly product
• Using eco-friendly ingredients, manufacturing and packaging
• Adopting sustainable business practices
• Changing your marketing messages to include ‘environmental benefits’.
The use of Green Marketing is becoming an essential aspect of brand marketing strategies.
Those companies who are starting to think about adopting environmentally conscious programs will generally find that it is more expensive due to the higher costs in manufacturing and sustainable packaging costs.
81% of people polled expect companies to be environmentally conscious in their advertising and communications, and 69% of respondents said they were doing everything possible to minimize their carbon footprint (up from 63%).
However, in the longer term, it can become more profitable due to the increased demand for eco-friendly products and sustainable services in niche markets.
Additional Green Marketing Steps
Before you race off and start developing environmental products and adpting green marketing, there are a bunch of other tasks that you’ll need to consider.
Get your team involved to make some of the smaller changes to the way your business operates. These simple steps can be a great way for you to begin your environmentally friendly journey.
• Transforming the business to be more ‘digitally focused’
• Using environmentally products like friendly paper and inks for printing
• Move your brand marketing away from print to digital (Online Marketing)
• Supporting recycling and responsible waste disposal practices
• Using environmentally friendly product packaging
• Using more efficient product packing and supply chain
• Support an environmental charity or cause
• Taking steps to offset the environmental impact and carbon footprint.
Benefits of Green Marketing
Open NEW Sales Segments: There is a new market consisting of environmentally focused consumers who prefer green products over non-green products if they are given a choice.
Build Brand Loyalty & Value: Brands that continuously show their commitment towards protecting the environment and going green tend to earn greater loyalty and trust from consumers.
Competitive Advantage: Going green adds up more customers to your existing customer base, which in turn gives you a competitive advantage over your competitors.
Become a Category Champion: As consumers literally FORCE retail chains to expand their category to include more green products, this is your chance to lead in your next retail category and range review.
50% of consumers say environmental concerns impact their purchase decision.
How to Adopt Green Marketing
If you’ve been thinking about moving your brand towards ‘Green Marketing’ but you’re not sure where to start?
Speak with our team at rev™ Branding about how we help companies to adopt a more environmentally responsible and sustainable approach to their brand development and marketing program.
We can help you with;
• Educating your business about Green Marketing
• Performing a business audit
• Creating an environmentally sustainable strategy
• Documented set of recommendations and tasks
• Provide guidance on eco-friendly marketing & communications plans.
Please contact us on +61 3 9863-7444 or [email protected].
Create a Focused Brand Message and Sales Offer
Learn More >>>
Boost your Marketing with Digital Media Marketing
Learn More >>>
Grow your eCommerce Marketing Program
Learn More >>>
Create a Focused New Product Development & Launch
Learn More >>>